
Bhopal, Nov 22 (LatestNewsX) – The BJP‑run government of Madhya Pradesh has opened the floor to the public for ideas on the 2026‑27 budget. In response, opposition leader and Congress MLA Umang Singhar posted that “employment should be among key priorities” for the state’s policymakers.
Singhar said the party government claims the budget is under development, yet the plans appear to exist only on paper. He urged officials to disclose how last year’s funds were actually spent.
He criticized the previous budget for neglecting the needs of young people, farmers, and SC/ST communities. Even when proposals were outlined, they were never enacted, and the money ended up funding ministerial luxuries and helicopter purchases, he said in a video message on Saturday.
In a formal statement, the government explained that it is assembling the 2026‑27 budget and is welcoming public input across a wide range of areas, aiming to make it a “public budget.” Suggestions were specifically requested for rural development, revitalizing traditional trades, water and sanitation projects, rural infrastructure, cattle welfare, and secure grazing land use.
Citizens were also encouraged to submit ideas for agriculture, horticulture, fisheries, animal husbandry, food processing, export‑oriented industries, forest‑product processing, pharmaceutical manufacturing, and other emerging local sectors.
All proposals received through the “MP MyGov” portal will be prioritized in the budget drafting process.
Officials told LatestNewsX that, for the first time, the state will publish a three‑year rolling budget covering 2027‑28 and 2028‑29.
Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in world News on Latest NewsX. Follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter(X), Gettr and subscribe our Youtube Channel.















