Support Us :

Buy Me a Coffee
U.S. News

Former Nickelodeon Actor Tylor Chase Remains Homeless as California Law Limits Police Action

Police say they have few options when it comes to helping former Nickelodeon star Tylor Chase, who has once again ended up living on the streets of Riverside, California.

The 36-year-old actor, best known for his role on “Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide,” was recently placed on a 72-hour involuntary psychiatric hold. However, he is now back homeless after being released, with authorities saying state law prevents them from forcing him into treatment.

According to TMZ, California regulations do not allow police to mandate long-term mental health or substance abuse care unless a person is considered gravely disabled or poses an immediate threat to themselves or others.

Riverside Police Department spokesperson Ryan Railsback told the outlet that while Chase clearly needs ongoing help, the law restricts what officers can do. Railsback said Chase does not meet the legal standard required for involuntary treatment and also “politely declines” offers of assistance.

Earlier this month, Chase was placed on a 72-hour psychiatric hold and was expected to be transferred to a rehabilitation facility afterward. Instead, he was released before entering treatment and was seen back on the streets on Dec. 24.

“They were supposed to hold him and then transport him to a detox facility that we had arranged,” former “Mighty Ducks” actor Shaun Weiss told TMZ on Monday. “Instead, they let him out without contacting any of us.”

Weiss, along with Riverside resident Jacob Harris, has been actively trying to help Chase since news emerged earlier this year that the former child star was homeless and struggling with drug addiction.

According to Weiss, Harris encountered Chase back on the streets after his psychiatric hold ended and again contacted a mental health crisis team to evaluate him.

The crisis team reportedly determined that Chase was a danger to himself, yet still did not place him into care. Weiss told TMZ that during the evaluation, Chase was “smoking meth during the evaluation with no shoes or jacket in the freezing cold.”

Despite that assessment, the team allegedly left Chase where he was.

Weiss, who has spoken openly about his own history with substance abuse, said he is now reaching out to leadership within the Screen Actors Guild in hopes of getting political representatives and Riverside County officials involved to help secure proper care for his friend.

Chase’s situation first came to public attention in September, when a TikTok video showed the actor — who played Martin Qwerly on “Ned’s Declassified” from 2004 to 2007 — living on the streets and battling addiction. The clip gained widespread attention earlier this month.

After the video resurfaced, fellow cast member Daniel Curtis Lee located Chase and placed him in a hotel.

“Tylor Chase and Cookie reunite with Ned on FaceTime. Well fed and safe from the rain. Hotel secured!” Lee wrote on Instagram alongside a video of the reunion that has since been deleted.

“One step closer to long term treatment.”

Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in world News on Latest NewsX. Follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter(X), Gettr and subscribe our Youtube Channel.

Show More

Sheetal Kumar Nehra

Sheetal Kumar Nehra is a Software Developer and the editor of LatestNewsX.com, bringing over 17 years of experience in media and news content. He has a strong passion for designing websites, developing web applications, and publishing news articles on current… More »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button