Support Us :

Buy Me a Coffee
World

India criticises Pakistan airstrikes in Afghanistan, raises civilian casualty concerns

New Delhi, Feb 22 (LatestNewsX) India, on Sunday, strongly criticised Pakistan’s airstrikes on Afghan territory that reportedly resulted in civilian casualties, including women and children, and reiterated its support for Afghanistan’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence.

Responding to media queries on the issue, Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Randhir Jaiswal conveyed India’s condemnation of the strikes and expressed concern over the reported loss of civilian lives during the holy month of Ramadan.

‘India strongly condemns Pakistan’s airstrikes on Afghan territory that have resulted in civilian casualties, including women and children, during the holy month of Ramadan,” MEA spokesperson Jaiswal said.

He also described the development as an attempt by Pakistan to shift attention from its internal situation.

“It is another attempt by Pakistan to externalise its internal failures,” the MEA spokesperson said.

Reaffirming India’s position on Afghanistan, MEA spokesperson Jaiswal said New Delhi remains committed to supporting the country’s sovereignty and independence.

“India reiterates its support for Afghanistan’s sovereignty, territorial integrity and independence,” he added.

The MEA statement came amid reports of Pakistani airstrikes targeting areas inside Afghanistan, which allegedly led to civilian casualties and triggered concern over the security situation.

Earlier on Sunday, Afghanistan’s Ministry of National Defence accused the Pakistani military regime of carrying out deadly airstrikes in various residential areas of the Nangarhar and Paktika provinces, resulting in the death of several civilians.

According to the Ministry, the strikes targeted a madrasa and multiple residential homes, killing and injuring “dozens of civilians”, including women and children.

The violation of Afghan airspace comes amid what Kabul describes as repeated acts of Pakistani aggression.

Condemning the attack in the strongest possible terms, the Afghan Ministry called it a blatant violation of Afghanistan’s national sovereignty and a clear breach of “international law, the principles of good neighbourliness, and Islamic values”.

Afghanistan’s Ministry of National Defence affirmed that safeguarding the country’s sovereignty and the security of its people are both its “religious obligations and national duties”, while warning that “an appropriate and measured response will be taken at a suitable time”.

“Attacks against civilian populations and religious institutions stand as undeniable evidence of the intelligence and security failures of the Pakistani military, and such repeated acts of aggression will never be able to conceal their internal shortcomings,” the Ministry said.

The International Human Rights Foundation (IHRF) raised alarm over verified reports of a devastating airstrike in the Behsud district of Nangarhar.

Citing local sources, the rights body said that a Pakistani military strike targeted a civilian home, resulting in the deaths of at least 16 members of a single family.

The victims — men, women, and children — ranged in age from a one-year-old infant to an 80-year-old individual.

“Two children miraculously survived the attack, and at least one other individual was injured. This represents not just a loss of life, but the complete annihilation of a family lineage,” IHRF said.

The rights body called for an immediate, independent, and transparent international investigation into this airstrike.

Additionally, it demanded accountability for those who ordered and executed this attack, along with unimpeded humanitarian access to the affected families in Behsud.

Expressing solidarity with the people of Afghanistan, the IHRF urged that the rights and lives of Afghan civilians be respected.

pgh/khz



Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in world News on Latest NewsX. Follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter(X), Gettr and subscribe our Youtube Channel.

Show More

Team Latest NewsX

The Team Latest NewsX comprises a dedicated and tireless team of journalists who operate around the clock to deliver the most current and comprehensive news and updates to the readers of Latest NewsX worldwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence… More »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button