Saturday, November 29, 2025

Delhi Crime Branch, Telangana anti-narcotics bureau bust African drug cartel; narcotics worth Rs 12 crore seized

-Advertisement-
-Advertisement-

New Delhi, Nov 28 (LatestNewsX) – Delhi Police’s Crime Branch, working alongside the Telangana Anti‑Narcotics Bureau (TGNAB), swooped on an extensive African drug cartel that had been operating throughout the Delhi‑NCR region, the police released on Friday.

- Advertisement -

The coordinated raid took place at several sites and led to the detention of core cartel figures, the seizure of drugs worth roughly ₹12 crore, and the arrest of 30 foreign nationals who had overstayed without proper documents.

The operation stemmed from intelligence supplied by TGNAB after an FIR (No. 08/25) was filed in Hyderabad.

“The coordinated efforts of the Crime Branch, Delhi Police and the Telangana Anti‑Narcotics Bureau resulted in significant narcotics seizures across multiple locations, including Mehrauli, Sant Garh, Nilothi, Pratap Enclave, Greater Noida, Munirka, demonstrating the effectiveness of the joint operation,” the police said in its press release.

A key breakthrough happened at Mohan Garden, Uttam Nagar, where Ugandan national Zainab Kyobutungi – believed to be a major supplier in the network – was taken into custody. Officers recovered 195 grams of cocaine, 24 grams of MDMA and ₹40,500 in cash, prompting the filing of an NDPS case.

At a stall in Sant Garh, Tilak Nagar, Nigerian national Bekki – identified as a key distributor – was arrested with 5,209 MDMA pills, 35.46 grams of cocaine, and ₹78,000 in cash. Her statements led to the capture of another Nigerian, Frank, from Nihal Vihar, from whom 60 MD pills were seized.

In a separate raid, police searched a locked property tied to Jean Ahmad alias Godwin, who is wanted by TGNAB. The premises yielded more than 106 grams of cocaine and 107 grams of heroin, confirming it was used as a storage hub.

The assault also brought in a number of Indian intermediaries – including Badruddin, Zafar and others – who are accused of handling the cartel’s finances and communications. Several suspects reportedly supplied SIM cards under false identities to keep the network hidden.

During the operations, 30 foreign nationals were detained; 12 were women and 18 men, all found to be over‑staying without valid credentials. The men have been sent to a deportation center, while the proceedings for the women are currently underway.

“This reflects the strong enforcement action taken to prevent illegal immigrants from using the national capital region as a haven for organised criminal activity,” said Jt. Commissioner of the Crime Branch, Surender Kumar.



Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in world News on Latest NewsX. Follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter(X), Gettr and subscribe our Youtube Channel.

-Advertisement-

AROUND THE WEB

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Hot this week

Louvre heist suspect’s trial in a separate case postponed due to enormous media attention

A French court in Bobigny, just north of Paris,...

Medinipur BLOs protest over data entry work under SIR, submit memorandum to BDO

On Thursday afternoon, tensions rose at the Medinipur Sadar...

2 Louvre robbery suspects busted in $100M museum heist, one caught at Paris airport trying to flee France

Two men who are accused of stealing about $100 million...
-Advertisement-

Latest News

-Advertisement-

Related News