Karnataka: CT Ravi meets injured in Hassan Ganesh accident, seeks Rs 50 lakh compensation for victims
(source : ANI) ( Photo Credit : ani)
BJP Leader CT Ravi Visits Injured in Hassan Ganesh Procession Accident
In a touching show of support, BJP leader CT Ravi visited HIMES Hospital in Hassan, Karnataka, on Saturday to meet the victims hurt in a tragic truck accident during a Ganesh immersion procession. The crash, which happened the day before, claimed nine lives and left 22 people injured, turning a joyful festival celebration into a heartbreaking scene.
Ravi spent time chatting with the injured patients, asking about their health and promising quick help from the government for their medical care and recovery. Speaking to reporters outside the hospital, he called out the Karnataka government’s compensation package as too low. The state announced Rs 5 lakh for each family of the deceased, but Ravi pushed for a hike to Rs 50 lakh.
"The Rs 5 lakh offered by the government feels too small for such a devastating incident," Ravi said. "I urge the authorities to increase it to Rs 50 lakhs to better support these families." He also praised the doctors and police for their round-the-clock efforts in handling the crisis after the Hassan Ganesh procession accident.
Ravi shared more details: "The Ganesh procession was in full swing last night in Hassan district when the truck smashed into the crowd, killing nine people. The medical team and police didn’t stop working through the night. Right now, 13 patients are in the general ward, and three are in the ICU at HIMES Hospital."
Adding to the relief efforts, the Prime Minister’s Office stepped in earlier that day with ex-gratia payments from the Prime Minister National Relief Fund (PMNRF). Families of those who died in the Karnataka Ganesh procession tragedy will get Rs 2 lakh each, while the injured receive Rs 50,000.
Hassan Deputy Commissioner KS Latha Kumari gave an update on Friday about the Hassan truck accident during Ganesh immersion. "A truck rammed into the procession, killing eight at the time and injuring 22," she said. "They’re all getting treatment at HIMES Hospital, with one in critical condition. Seven more are at a private hospital and doing okay. Police are still investigating the exact cause."
Eyewitnesses told her the procession had a big group of young people, including possible engineering college students, moving along the road. Reports suggest the truck hit a divider before crashing into the crowd, but officials are confirming the details.
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah shared his sorrow over the lives lost in this Ganesh festival accident. He offered condolences to the grieving families and announced the Rs 5 lakh compensation for each affected household.
The Hassan community is reeling from this shocking tragedy, but the quick response from leaders and officials shows a united front in supporting the victims. As investigations continue into the truck crash during the Ganesh procession in Karnataka, many hope for justice and stronger safety measures at such events.
Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in world News on Latest NewsX. Follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter(X), Gettr and subscribe our Youtube Channel.













