National

17-year-old national-level player accuses shooting coach of sexual assault; Haryana Police registers FIR

Faridabad, Jan 8 (LatestNewsX) A 17-year-old national-level shooter has accused her coach of sexually assaulting her at a hotel in Faridabad in December last year during a championship, officials said on Thursday.

According to the FIR registered in Faridabad, the coach sexually assaulted the national-level shooter and threatened to ruin her career.

She alleged that the coach pressured her to meet him at his hotel to review her performance in an ongoing competition.

The coach has been suspended by the National Rifle Association of India (NRAI) following the allegations.

Police said that a First Information Report (FIR) has been registered based on a complaint received from the girl’s mother, and efforts are underway to obtain CCTV footage from the hotel and record the statements of witnesses connected to the case.

According to the FIR, the alleged incident occurred on December 16 when she was participating in a national-level shooting competition at the Dr Karni Singh Shooting Range in Tughlakabad, South Delhi.

The FIR states that after the match, the coach allegedly asked her to meet him in the lobby of the Surajkund Hotel in Faridabad, where he was staying, to analyse her performance.

When she arrived at the hotel, she was pressured to go to the coach’s room for a more in-depth discussion.

The FIR alleges that in the hotel room, the coach sexually assaulted her and threatened to ruin her career and harm her family if she revealed the incident.

Based on the complaint, a senior police officer said that a case was registered on Tuesday at the Women’s Police Station in NIT Faridabad under Section 6 of the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and Section 351(2) of the Bharatiya Nyay Sanhita (BNS), as the athlete is a minor.

The SHO of NIT Women Police Station, Maya Kumari, said, “I cannot disclose much at this stage due to the seriousness of the case, and since the accused has not yet been arrested. The arrest is still pending, so no further details can be shared at the moment. I will not mention the names involved because of the sensitivity of the matter.”

She said that teams have been assigned to collect electronic and forensic evidence, including CCTV footage from the hotel, call records, and travel details, and to record the statements of hotel staff and other potential witnesses.

“The allegations are serious. We are following due process and ensuring that all evidence is preserved,” she said.

Police said that the coach will be questioned as part of the investigation.

sd/rad



Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in world News on Latest NewsX. Follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter(X), Gettr and subscribe our Youtube Channel.

Show More

Team Latest NewsX

The Team Latest NewsX comprises a dedicated and tireless team of journalists who operate around the clock to deliver the most current and comprehensive news and updates to the readers of Latest NewsX worldwide. With an unwavering commitment to excellence… More »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker