Support Us :

Buy Me a Coffee
U.S. News

Trump says Venezuela would ‘like to talk’ — as US’ most advanced aircraft carrier arrives in the Caribbean

President Trump said on Sunday that Venezuelan officials “would like to talk,” just as the United States’ newest aircraft carrier, the USS Gerald Ford, rolled into the Caribbean Sea. The arrival comes amid heightened tensions between Washington and the Nicolás Maduro‑led government, which has faced accusations of running a state‑backed drug network.

Trump told reporters, “We may be having some discussions with Maduro, and we’ll see how that turns out. They would like to talk.” When asked what he meant, he said, “What does it mean? I don’t know,” and added, “I’ll talk to anybody. We’ll see what happens.”

The Gerald Ford, a 100,000‑ton supercarrier, is part of the Gerald R. Ford Carrier Strike Group. The Navy described the deployment as a move to “dismantle transnational criminal organizations and counter narco‑terrorism in defense of the homeland.” Since September, the group has carried out at least 22 missile strikes on boats the U.S. says were used for drug smuggling out of Venezuela. Those strikes have killed more than 80 people, according to U.S. Southern Command.

Maduro, who recently aired a plea for “peace” on CNN, blamed the U.S. for escalating conflict. “No more endless wars. No more unjust wars,” he said. “Yes, peace.” He warned that Venezuela’s people were ready to defend their homeland against any criminal aggression and that the country had a large mobilization of troops and civilians ready for any attack.

U.S. officials have taken a hard line. Secretary of State Marco Rubio said the United States does not recognize Maduro as Venezuela’s legitimate leader, citing his alleged election fraud and ties to drug trafficking. He announced that the Biden administration will designate the Cartel de los Soles—a group believed to be led by Maduro and top officials—as a foreign terrorist organization on November 24.

Army Secretary Dan Driscoll told CBS that U.S. troops in Panama are training and that the military will reactivate its jungle school to prepare for any orders from President Trump and Secretary of War Pete Hegseth.

Earlier this week, the Gulf of Mexico and Caribbean saw additional strikes. A U.S. missile destroyed a smuggling boat in international waters off the eastern Pacific, killing three men. South Command posted the incident on X to highlight the growing U.S. military presence in the region.

Trump has repeatedly framed these actions as part of an “armed conflict” with drug cartels, insisting the victims were “narcoterrorists.” He hinted that the U.S. might broaden strikes to stop drug flow “by land.” A $50 million reward remains offered for Maduro’s capture.

The situation continues to evolve as Washington balances diplomatic outreach with military pressure. The Gerald Ford and its carrier strike group remain the largest U.S. naval deployment in the Caribbean in 35 years, underscoring the country’s commitment to countering narcotrafficking and addressing regional instability.

Stay informed on all the latest news, real-time breaking news updates, and follow all the important headlines in world News on Latest NewsX. Follow us on social media Facebook, Twitter(X), Gettr and subscribe our Youtube Channel.

Show More

Sheetal Kumar Nehra

Sheetal Kumar Nehra is a Software Developer and the editor of LatestNewsX.com, bringing over 17 years of experience in media and news content. He has a strong passion for designing websites, developing web applications, and publishing news articles on current… More »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button