Health

Infant deaths dent on state’s health services, says MP Dy CM Shukla

Shocking Rat Attack at Indore’s MY Hospital: Deputy CM Rajendra Shukla Orders Strict Probe After Two Newborns’ Tragic Deaths

In a heartbreaking incident that’s shaken Madhya Pradesh, two newborn girls lost their lives after rats attacked them in the neonatal ICU of Indore’s Maharaja Yeshwantrao (MY) Hospital. The government-run facility, one of the state’s largest health centers, is now under fire as authorities take swift action to prevent such horrors.

On Tuesday, Madhya Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister Rajendra Shukla, a key BJP leader in charge of the Health and Medical Education departments, held a high-level meeting in Indore. He reviewed the shocking rat bite incident at MY Hospital and checked the progress of the ongoing investigation. Senior officials, including Principal Secretary of Health and Family Welfare Sandeep Yadav and Commissioner of Medical Education Tarun Rathi, joined the meeting and updated him on the steps taken so far.

After the meeting, Shukla announced tough measures against the hospital staff. The health department has issued show-cause notices to three senior officials, including MY Hospital chairperson Ashok Yadav and the in-charge of the affected department, Brijesh Lohati. "These kinds of incidents tarnish the image of our state’s health services, and we won’t tolerate them," Shukla said firmly. "I’ve ordered a fair and transparent probe. Anyone found guilty will face punishment. Our goal is to ensure such tragedies never happen again in Madhya Pradesh."

The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has also stepped in, taking cognizance of the MY Hospital rat attack case. It issued notices to Principal Secretary Sandeep Yadav and Indore District Collector Asheesh Singh, demanding a detailed action taken report and their response on the matter.

The tragedy unfolded on August 30 and 31 when the two girl infants suffered rat bites in the neonatal ICU of MY Hospital. Sadly, they passed away on September 2 and 3. Hospital officials blamed pneumonia and septicaemia for the deaths, but the rat attacks have sparked outrage over poor hygiene and safety in government hospitals.

This incident highlights the urgent need for better standards in Madhya Pradesh’s public health system. As investigations continue, families and citizens await justice and stronger safeguards for vulnerable newborns in Indore and beyond. Stay tuned for updates on the MY Hospital probe and health department actions.

Show More

Sheetal Kumar Nehra

Sheetal Kumar Nehra is a Software Developer and the editor of LatestNewsX.com, bringing over 17 years of experience in media and news content. He has a strong passion for designing websites, developing web applications, and publishing news articles on current… More »

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Back to top button

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker